M2 Partnership is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Leasing Manager to help deliver on a high volume of new lettings across their estate. The leasing manager will offer you an opportunity to work across an extensive portfolio of commercial real estate in London, which whilst focussed on the industrial and distribution sectors, has numerous opportunities within the retail, leisure and office markets too. Reporting to the Senior Leasing Manager for the region, you will support delivering leasing strategy and initiatives, whilst also taking responsibility for managing your own transactions from the outset.
Within the role, the leasing manager will be given the opportunity to develop your skill sets and experience, overseeing all stages of leasing disposal; from bringing units to the market, agreeing Heads of Terms, obtaining board approvals and instructing solicitors, through to lease completion.
The role will require high levels of interaction with other teams in the business, such as the Development Team when looking at the refurbishment and development of new stock, Asset Management in devising bespoke strategy and target tenants for particular estates, or the Property Management team when bringing recently vacated units back to the market. As such, you will learn a great deal about all aspects of the business.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential as you will be expected to deal with a wide range of people on an everyday basis, from internal stakeholders, to external agents and lawyers, and directly with new tenants and customers.
The Leasing Manager
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the wider team and business.
- Able to solve problems, find solutions, Think entrepreneurial
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in IT and office systems
- Good presentational skills
To assist the Senior Lettings Manager (SLM) with their respective portfolio within London and to take responsibility for their own transactions. Typical tasks to include, but not limited to:-
- Receiving offers, negotiations, preparing and agreeing Heads of Terms.
- Carry out due diligence; collate tenant information, liaise with finance team to obtain credit reports and covenant checks.
- Draft, submit and present board approval papers.
- Processing the proposed tenants fit outs for consent by working with the building surveying teams.
- Collate information to instruct solicitors, negotiate leases (if appropriate), take through to completion.
- Arrange and attend handovers with Tenants;
- Complete data forms to ensure new lets are recorded in a timely fashion;
- Be responsible for marketing properties, agreeing strategy and quoting rents.
- Ensure all marketable property is advertised on our client’s Website.
- Instruct letting boards and request EPC’s
- Instruct and manage agents, prepare and approve marketing particulars.
- Liaise with Property Management to ensure all certification is received – Asbestos reports, electrical certification, Roller shutter services etc;
Day to Day
- To directly contribute to the overall number of completed transactions throughout financial year and to ensure Individual and Team Targets are met.
- Liaise with external agents to obtain feedback on viewings and marketing.
- Attend Asset meetings, Property Management meetings.
- Assist with cross department work, helping other parts of the business.
- Assist with organisation of keys.
- Other jobs the SLM may need you to do or assist with.
- Updating the Leasing Teams Systems
- Build your APC and become an MRICS accredited surveyor
Interviews are being scheduled for the next three weeks so do not wait on this opportunity.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us or apply on the link below.
|Job Category||Property Managment|