Senior ROL CAD Technician
Title: Senior ROL CAD Tecnician
Reports to: Director
M2 Partnership are looking to speak to ROL CAD Technician who are looking to work for a worldwide market-leading multidisciplinary consultancy based in the heart of Manchester. Perhaps your progression has been hampered by the recent pandemic, or you are not getting the promotion based on the ‘current market conditions’ or worse still your job could actually be at ‘risk’
The CAD department provides a range of technical services, primarily to the rights of light (ROL) department, which support our surveyors in delivering professional advice to clients. The primary purpose of the CAD Manager is to support the Directors in the efficient delivery of those services by proactively managing resource (both in-house and outsourced subconsultants) and deadlines, prioritising workload and ensuring projects meet time and budgetary constraints.
Other key aspects of the role include developing and implementing agreed workflows and quality standards across the department to maximise efficiency, while ensuring clients’ briefs and surveyors’ requirements are met.
DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Ensure good communication between CAD team and ROL surveying team
- Understand CAD workload and deadlines emanating from surveyors and capacity of in-house and outsourced resource
- Ensure fair and efficient distribution of workload and keep CAD programme updated
- Keep Directors informed of general workload, progress and any foreseeable difficulties and proposed solutions
- Manage time and budgetary constraints across the department and promptly alert ROL surveyors to any potential difficulties with deadlines or fee budgets
- Facilitate proper briefing of CAD department by ROL surveyors on every project
- Ensure that technicians have all the information they need for their project
- Carry out site visits, where required
- Develop and implement CAD standards, workflows & quality management procedures
- Assist Directors in managing outsourced subconsultants and quality checking the team’s work
- Diligently record own time spent across multiple projects on daily timesheet
- Ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in design, engineering, architecture, land surveying or related field
- CAD certification or relevant experience
- Worked for a similar type of Neighbourly maters company
- Ideally experienced using Revit, AutoCAD & MBS
Interviews are being conducted via Zoom over the next 14 days so do not wait as this role won’t be around for long.
For more information, please contact Alex Fernandez or alternatively apply with your CV on the link below.
|Job Category||Rights of Light|